We are looking for a Psychiatrist to diagnose and treat mental illnesses.
The top responsibilities of a Psychiatrist include discussing with patients and observing their behaviors to identify mental disorders, determining treatments and prescribing medications. To be considered for this role, you need to be licensed as a Psychiatrist and certified from the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS).
Ultimately, you will help patients recover and improve their lives.
- Review patients’ medical history and collect additional information from family members and psychologists as needed
- Evaluate patients’ emotional, behavioral and mental state through discussion, observation and analysis
- Identify mental disorders and determine best treatments
- Develop therapy plans
- Prescribe medications
- Analyze medical tests and track patients’ progress
- Coordinate with healthcare professionals when hospitalization is required
- Advise patients on how to cope with mental diseases and emotional breakdowns
- Support patients’ loved ones and inform them about the patient’s condition
- Research medical issues and new medical treatments to update your knowledge on mental healthcare
- Work experience as a Psychiatrist
- In-depth knowledge of various psychotherapeutic methods
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions to a non-medical audience
- Strong observation skills to accurately evaluate patients’ demeanor and identify symptoms
- A great bedside manner and the ability to remain calm, empathetic and patient while interacting with patients who suffer from severe mental disorders
- Thoughtful and compassionate
- MD or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Certification from the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS)
- Residency program in Psychiatry
CREATE A JOB POSTING NOW
Register for HireBee Applicant Tracking and Recruitment Software and get
access to hundreds of ready made job templates to post to multiple job boards with just one click.
No card required