We are looking for an experienced Music Teacher to be responsible for teaching Music as part of the school curriculum. The Music Teacher will follow the guidelines as set out by the Education Department which includes the theory and practice of general music, singing and playing musical instruments. They should also prepare students for exams in Music.
To be successful as a Music Teacher, you should create an enjoyable learning environment to inspire young minds and help them grow in appreciation of music. Ultimately, a top-notch Music Teacher should be skilled in playing musical instruments, planning concerts for student participation, and creating after school music clubs.
- Teaching general styles of music.
- Teaching classical piano, practical and theory.
- Teaching singing to students from beginner to advanced level.
- Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
- Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
- Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
- Preparing students for practicals and exams.
- Inspiring and motivating students to extend themselves to after school music clubs.
- Building relationships and mentoring students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music.
- License to teach as an academic (state requirement).
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Choral pedagogy.
- Ability to set and mark examination papers.
CREATE A JOB POSTING NOW
Register for HireBee Applicant Tracking and Recruitment Software and get
access to hundreds of ready made job templates to post to multiple job boards with just one click.
No card required