Our team is looking for an experienced hydrologist to maintain and develop our water management techniques and strategy. Your primary responsibilities will be measuring water quantity and properties, such as streamflow. You’ll collect data and analyze it to detect the level of contamination.
With the use of computer-aided technology, you’ll also predict water supplies and forecast floods and droughts. Last but not least, you’ll collaborate with our engineering and scientific team in big projects, such as building irrigation systems.
- Estimate water properties (e.g. volume, mass)
- Develop techniques to improve water quantity and quality
- Analyze water and soil samples and measure contamination levels
- Measure environmental impact of erosion, droughts and floods
- Predict floods, droughts, and snowstorms
- Monitor pollution levels in oceans, rivers, and lakes
- Run computer-aided models to analyze data
- Present findings to managers and policymakers
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists
- Participate in the construction of dams, hydroelectric power plants, etc.
- Previous experience as a hydrologist or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of GIS and GPS applications
- Hands-on experience running computer-aided models
- Familiarity with writing reports and giving presentations
- Computational and mathematical ability
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Degree in Hydrology or relevant STEM field; a Master’s is a plus
CREATE A JOB POSTING NOW
Register for HireBee Applicant Tracking and Recruitment Software and get
access to hundreds of ready made job templates to post to multiple job boards with just one click.
No card required