We are searching for an analytical Genetic Counselor to discern patients’ existing and prospective, constitutionally-based disorders. The Genetic Counselor should unpack patients’ medical histories, select appropriate tests, and evaluate patients’ genetic data. You should subsequently convey your findings and guide concomitant decision-making.
To ensure success as a Genetic Counselor, you should demonstrate evidence-based decisiveness and empathy-driven counseling techniques. Ultimately, a superb Genetic Counselor should promote the accessibility of pertinent scientific data.
- Unveiling patients’ concerns and medical histories.
- Discerning suitable testing procedures.
- Inspecting genetic data to gauge patients’ existing and predictable diagnoses.
- Sharing and contextualizing test outcomes.
- Easing patients’ adjustments following upsetting diagnoses.
- Steering patients’ decision-making processes non-intrusively.
- Issuing thoughtful referral suggestions.
- Conferring with contracted physicians to devise useful interventions.
- Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling or suitable equivalent.
- Receipt of or progress towards a pertinent doctorate is preferred.
- Genetic Counseling certification will be highly advantageous.
- Suitable licensure, if needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-honed laboratory, instructional, and referral techniques.
- Commendable counseling skills.
- A decisive but non-intrusive disposition.
CREATE A JOB POSTING NOW
Register for HireBee Applicant Tracking and Recruitment Software and get
access to hundreds of ready made job templates to post to multiple job boards with just one click.
No card required