We are looking to employ a compassionate and experienced Art Therapist to utilize art and psychotherapeutic techniques to help patients improve their physical, cognitive, and emotional wellbeing. The Art Therapist’s responsibilities include evaluating patients’ reactions and behaviors during art therapy sessions, attending multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings, as well as ensuring that art supplies and equipment are adequately stocked. You should also be able to encourage patients to reflect on the artwork produced during art therapy sessions.
To be successful as an Art Therapist, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in art therapy to ensure that patients receive the best treatment possible. Ultimately, an exceptional Art Therapist should have a strong understanding of visual art as well as demonstrate excellent communication, analytical, and counseling skills.
- Consulting with patients to discuss their medical histories and identify the problems or conditions they wish to overcome.
- Conducting art therapy sessions with patients using various types of visual art, including drawing, sculpting, painting, ceramics, and clay modeling.
- Discussing patients’ artworks with them to evaluate the meaning and emotions behind the artworks.
- Collaborating with other healthcare practitioners to develop or integrate personalized treatment plans.
- Developing suitable art therapy programs for patients based on their needs, objectives, and preferred forms of artistic expression.
- Teaching patients coping skills and strategies to enable them to deal with challenging and traumatic experiences.
- Conducting group or family art therapy sessions as required.
- Supervising art therapy students and interns.
- Maintaining detailed records of patients’ progress as well as observations made during art therapy sessions.
- Master’s degree in Art Therapy or Counseling with additional coursework in Art Therapy.
- Certified by the Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB).
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Sound knowledge of visual art.
- Excellent observational and counseling skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Patient, empathetic, and creative.
- A passion for art.
CREATE A JOB POSTING NOW
Register for HireBee Applicant Tracking and Recruitment Software and get
access to hundreds of ready made job templates to post to multiple job boards with just one click.
No card required